The European Meeting on Psychosocial Aspect of Genetics invites you to submit abstracts for inclusion in this year’s programme. Abstract submission is now open. The deadline for submission is Friday, February 09, 2018, 24.00 hrs CET.
Important Information on the Selection Process
All abstracts are peer-reviewed and ranked on the basis of scientific merit by experts in the category selected. The Scientific Program Committee uses these rankings to develop the scientific sessions. Abstracts are assigned to either plenary, parallel, or poster sessions.
The EMPAG meetings have currently 2 types of acceptance for submissions:
– Spoken presentation in a concurrent or plenary session
– Poster presentation in one of the poster sessions
IMPORTANT: Note that the presentation at the meeting will be the condition for the publication of the abstract in the electronic supplement of the European Journal of Human Genetics.
Please note that you may be presenting author of only one paper, but co-author of any number of abstracts.
Multiple submissions with identical presenting authors will be automatically rejected.
Identical submissions from different first authors will also be automatically rejected.
Abstracts containing no results or structure will be rejected.
EMPAG Abstract Submission Topics 2018 – Where does my abstract fit?
The European Meeting on Psychosocial Aspects of Genetics (EMPAG, joint with ESHG) invites to submit abstracts on the following topics:
- Reproductive issues in prenatal and preimplantation genetic diagnosis
- Prenatal and newborn screening
- Access to genetic services
- Lay beliefs and public understanding of genetics
- Predictive testing: process and impact
- Psycho-social issue in cancer genetics
- Genetic privacy
- Psychological, ethical, social and legal implications of advances in genetics
- Predisposition to common diseases: genetic testing and preventive behaviour
- Genetic counselling: communicating genetic information
- Family dynamics and genetic conditions
- Evaluation of psycho-social interventions in genetics
- Other relevant psychological and social topics in genetics
When logged in on the submission site, you will be able to select the meeting to which you wish to submit. Please note that abstracts submitted to the ESHG Topics 19 & 20 will equally be reviewed by the EMPAG SPC and may be selected as presentation at the EMPAG meeting.