Regular Abstract submission is closed.
The notification letters regarding the acceptance/rejection of the abstracts have been sent out on March 12.
If you have a query regarding your submission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get familiar with the details on your presentation format: See our page with the information for presenters.
See the programme with updated concurrent sessions here.
Important Information on the Selection Process
Notifications of acceptance have been emailed to corresponding authors March 12, 2018.
All abstracts are peer-reviewed and ranked on the basis of scientific merit by experts in the category selected. The Scientific Programme Committee uses these rankings to develop the scientific sessions. Abstracts are assigned to either plenary, parallel, or poster sessions.
The ESHG & EMPAG meetings have currently 3 types of acceptance for submissions:
– Spoken presentation in a concurrent or plenary session
– Poster presentation in one of the poster sessions
– Electronic Poster presentation: in the electronic poster area
IMPORTANT: Note that the presentation at the meeting will be the condition for the publication of the abstract in the electronic supplement of the European Journal of Human Genetics.
Please note that you may be presenting author of only one paper, but co-author of any number of abstracts.
Multiple submissions with identical presenting authors will be automatically rejected.
Identical submissions from different first authors will also be automatically rejected.
Abstracts containing no results or structure will be rejected.
ESHG Submission Topics 2018:
01. Reproductive Genetics/Prenatal Genetics
02. Sensory disorders (eye, ear, pain)
03. Internal organs & endocrinology (lung, kidney, liver, gastrointestinal)
04. Skeletal, connective tissue, ectodermal and skin disorders
05. Cardiovascular disorders
06. Metabolic and mitochondrial disorders
07. Immunology and hematopoietic system
08. Intellectual Disability
09. Neurogenetic and psychiatric disorders
10. Neuromuscular disorders
11. Multiple Malformation/anomalies syndromes
12. Cancer genetics
13. Basic mechanisms in molecular and cytogenetics
14. New diagnostic approaches, technical aspects & quality control
15. Personalized/Predictive Medicine and Pharmacogenomics
17. Epigenetics and Gene Regulation
18. Genetic epidemiology/Population genetics/Statistical methodology and evolutionary genetics
19. Genetic counselling/Education/public services
20. Psychological/Ethical/legal issues
EMPAG Submission Topics 2018:
01. Reproductive issues in prenatal and preimplantation genetic diagnosis
02. Prenatal and newborn screening
03. Access to genetic services
04. Lay beliefs and public understanding of genetics
05. Predictive testing: process and impact
06. Psycho-social issue in cancer genetics
07. Genetic privacy
08. Psychological, ethical, social and legal implications of advances in genetics
09. Predisposition to common diseases: genetic testing and preventive behaviour
10. Genetic counselling: communicating genetic information
11. Family dynamics and genetic conditions
12. Evaluation of psycho-social interventions in genetics
13. Other relevant psychological and social topics in genetics